Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Science exploration

Room 21 students were able to explore more about how shadows work this afternoon. Some children are beginning to understand that shadows form because the light is unable to penetrate some matter. 





Here is a summary of today's learning:

Kalais- I learnt that shadows can be made bigger when the light is closer to the object. 

Ivo- I learnt that you can get a red shadow from a blue light and a blue shadow from a red light. 

Lucas B- I learnt that when you have a cup of water and a torch, you can make the light shine through the water. 

Mia- I learnt that you can make two shadows with two lights. 

Jiya- I learnt that when I move the light closer to sn object the shadow gets bigger. 

Lucy- I found out that shadows can be colourful. A red light makes a blue shadow and a blue light makes a red shadow. 





No comments:

Post a Comment