Monday, May 11, 2015

Testing our hypothesis about shadows

Today we used the scientific approach to help us answer our question 'What is a Shadow?'
First we talked about 'What we think a shadow is'. ( Hypothesis)
Next we decided on 'How to test' our ideas. (Experiment)
Then we went out into the sun to make shadows and trace them. 
We returned to class and discussed what we noticed. Ms Tan recorded it on a graphic organizer. (Recording)
Finally we spoke about what we learnt about shadows. (Conclusion)

We found that we could not agree on whether 'my shadow plays with me' or 'I play with my shadow'. Maddie suggested that we test our ideas again during playtime when the sun is out. We made shadows again in the afternoon.

Charlie and a few of us came to this conclusion: I play with my shadow because if I don't move, my shadow cannot move. I make my shadow move.

Rafan realised that shadows are made when sunlight is blocked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment