Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Runaway Gilbert stowaway

Hello kids,

After I ran away to sea I spent days hiding in the bowels of an ocean going yacht as a stowaway. I was as sick as a dog. Let me tell you, I was glad when we finally saw land and  smelt fresh air. Honestly,  those sailors too...pooh, stinky lot.  Once ashore I took a while to find my land legs; everything was still going up and down and side to side just as if I was still on board that yacht.

I still didn't know what country I was in but it was really really cold....and grey, brrrrr. When that teacher of yours er, erm, Russell Brand...nooo that's not right, Ms Bland was rolling me out and making me (by the way, do you like my orange buttons?) I am sure she said something about England being a bit miserable.  Eventually I worked out that I was, indeed, in England.  Can't believe how much the English talk about the weather!

A few days walking, running,  hiding from hungry dogs and stowing away in cars I found myself in a town called Abingdon in Oxfordshire. What a funny little place this is. Every year they throw buns from the roof of the museum on special occasions. Would you believe they even have a museum stuffed with historical buns from the 19th century? Utterly bonkers.

Anyway, one quaint custom that I definitely like is that a local supermarket called Waitrose gives every customer a free coffee. Here is a picture of me enjoying one on Sunday morning.

Been offered a bed for the night by a little girl called Selena. Taking me to a place called Oxford. Will be in touch again soon

Ta ta for now

Gilbert Ginger (the bread man)


No comments:

Post a Comment