Thursday, November 13, 2014

Stories about kindness

After lunch our teachers asked us to tell some stories about the kind acts we saw or initiated on the playground during our break. 

Lily said, "At playtime Maddie E and I took turns. I feel smiley when someone is kind to me."

Harry said, "When I was playing soccer, someone asked if they could play and I said "Yes.""

Kingston said, "When Corin was playing soccer he started to cry so I took him to the classroom."

Liam said, "When I was playing soccer with Josh and Finn, we took turns being in teams. It feels cool when my friends take turns."

After these beautiful examples of kindness in action were shared with the class, we discussed whether we should only be kind on 'World Kindness Day'. We decided that the answer was NO!

Kate was emphatic, saying, "I want to be kind every day.  We all agreed with Kate!

When we were asked why it is important to be kind to others, Harry very wisely replied, "Because we have to be nice people."

So, mums and dads, you can see the beginnings of a new caring generation in Room 17.




No comments:

Post a Comment